Wednesday, September 10, 2014

go to the next door

I used to peddle art. Don't ask me why, with a bio tech and business double major with honors, I decided to participate in the cacophony of going door to door and letting people yell at me.

At the time I was reading Carlos Castaneda books and was very aware of my sensitivity and the tendency to take things personally. I thought this took away from my power and so I decided doing the door to door sales would toughen me up. It would be my warrior training. My enlightened warrior training.

And boy was it ever. I learned so many things out there. After the endless doors of defeat, failed sales, people calling me the b word and telling me to get out, I had two choices; give up and go home or go tot he next door. In moments of pit less despair and hurt offense I would ask the Universe, "what to I do now?" and the answer would come, clear as day, "go to the next door." And so I did. And then I would sell 20 paintings to 2 people and make $400 bucks

I also learned that people pay for your energy. It SEEMED like I was selling art out there, but I wasn't really. I was trading energy. Some people were just not interested and that was OK, they were not rude about it they were just busy and engrossed in their own life. But for those whose interest I may have piqued, it didn't start with the art, it started with me

Did I have confidence? Was I able to capture their attention? And in the end why did they want to listen to me talk anyway?

There was a girl in my office selling hundreds of dollars worth of art EVERY DAY. There was one day when I decided if she could do it, so could I. And that one decision changed my life.

A few weeks ago I decided, if other people are successful coaches and motivators, I could be also.
This one decision is going to change my life. And I am going to the next door.

I am going to knock on that door and walk in, with all I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment