Friday, August 15, 2014

My friend asks, why do we do that, why do we always procrastinate? When I tell her that everyone has good ideas but the difference between success and mediocrity is followthrough.

And I came up with the theory that we are a dichtomy of two essences, spirit and animal, or as Alison Armstron calls it, human spirit and human animal. Than those two parts do not oppose each other, though it may seem like they do, it's more like they have opposite goals.

Human animal's job is to keep us alive, survive and therefore it is more concerned with storing energy than expending it.

Human spirit's job is to keep us evolving, creating and discovering, which takes energy.

So that's why we are always stopping ourselves. The bhuddist would call is the soul and the ego, I think....



“Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?”
― Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment